We all say NO to family/domestic violence
On July 10, 2017 there was organized a cycle of trainings on fighting domestic violence with the „Parteneriat Social” volunteers, that took place in the „Încredere” Community Center. The volunteers had the opportunity to get familiar with the following concepts:
- What is domestic violence?
- Types and forms of domestic violence: physic, psychological, sexual, moral.
- Causes of domestic violence: of sociocultural, economic and individual nature.
- Myths and realities related to domestic violence.
- Psycho-social portrait of domestic violence actors.
- Domestic violence effects on women.
- Organizations that offer assistance and support to women that are subjects to domestic violence.
Role of legal entities and juridical services:
- Sector policeman
- Rayon/municipal police office
- General prosecution
- Rayon/municipal court
- Court of Appeal
- Offices of layers
- Regional offices for State Juridical Assistance
Volunteers also got familiar with how it is like to be a community social assistant and what are the organization that in so way deal with social assistance cases:
- Multidisciplinary teams created by LPA representatives, policeman office, church, educational institutions, medical worker, etc.)
- Diverse types of Day centers.
- NGOs, Christian missions and charitable organizations.
- Maternal Centers
Role of legal medical services – usually are meant to support victims of domestic violence, via evaluation of physic violence experienced by them. Legal doctor issues a certificate which is necessary for further legal procedures and guides victims to specialized medical units (ex: “Virginia” Health Center for Women, Legal Medical Centers, etc).
Role of medical personnel:
- Providers of health services have the possibility to identify and intervene in cases of domestic violence.
- Many victims feel more comfortable to discuss specific problems with their family doctor or other specialist.
- Persons who suffer from family abuse represent a significant percentage of those who address medical services.
- Problems of chronic disease could be a result of domestic violence, which usually associates whit a higher solicitation of medical services.
Role of national and international NGOs:
- Centers for protection human/women rights
- Day/rehabilitation centers.
- Maternal centers
- Hosting and orientation centers.
- Night shelters.
- Rehabilitation Centers for people who are dependent of alcohol/drugs.
Available help and support for women coming from NGOs, for instance, of:
- To get more self-confident, change stereotypes, convictions and way of thinking.
- To discover new forces and energies that will help build a positive experience.
- To be able to manage potential situations of domestic violence and properly behave.
- To get rid of isolation and to be able to set personal contact with others.
To be aware of the need to abandon the abusing partner in such extreme situations when nothing could be done more and woman’s life is under a huge risk